Ultimate Guide To Implementing EV Smart Charging In OCPP Applications

Looking for a comprehensive guide to electric vehicle smart charging for charging point operators? You’ve come to the right place!

Let’s dive in and take a detailed look at EV smart charging, how it works, the benefits, and how you can apply it to your charging point operations.

What is smart charging for electric vehicles?

The best…

CV Phase of electric vehicles and why does it matter

Everyone who has charged an electric vehicle at a fast charging station knows the problem…

The first 80% is extremely fast, and the remaining 20% seems to take forever.

Also, the typical car manufacturer’s claim that you can charge 50% of your vehicle in less than 30 minutes is misleading…

mixing AC and DC charging for fleet vehicles

In the last article, we explored the difference between AC and DC charging.

We concluded that a small number of fleet operators would benefit from implementing all AC chargers or all DC chargers, but most companies need a mixture of both.

In this article, we’ll quickly refresh your memory on…

Charging electric flett vehicles with AC or DC power

There’s no doubt that greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are a big problem in the modern world. They have been linked to a general reduction in air quality and climate change.

Transportation is one of the biggest culprits. Approximately 30 to 40 % of all greenhouse gas emissions in large cities…

Logistics is getting more and more complex

Globalization, international trade agreements, just-in-time production, same-day-delivery…

It all adds up to a headache for logistics companies. To cope, some companies have given up on concepts like same-day delivery. On the other hand, to stay competitive, others are moving towards 30-Minute Delivery.


Electric Fleet Depot Charging for Busses by using smart charging like ampcontrol
Electric Fleet Depot Charging for Busses

2021 is going to be a big year for the electrification of transportation.

Already, there has been plenty of positive news in the media.

For example, GTT, a transport operator in Turin, announced a deal with BYD, a Chinese bus manufacturer, to deliver 50 new electric buses to Italy.


Electric middle mile logistic center with ev fleets
Electric middle mile logistic center

The massive growth of foreign trading and globalization has created a rapid expansion of the logistics market in recent years. It is now at an all-time high.

Virtually every country and state in the world has an import and export market, with the shipping of goods between continents more commonplace…

The Electrification of Fleet Vehicles will Accelerate In 2021
Electric Trucks

Let’s face facts.

Internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles are going out of fashion. The reason?

Automobiles are responsible for huge amounts of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

In the USA, approximately 30% of GHG emissions are caused by ICE vehicles. The problem is that the US economy relies on trucking. …

API interfaces for electric vehicle fleet operation
How important are APIs for the electrification of fleet vehicles?

The world of electric fleet management is a diverse one.

Fleet managers that oversee partial or entire fleets of electric vehicles face different sets of challenges depending on the operation of their fleet, routes, and maintenance requirements.

For instance, many fleet managers need to keep track of driving mileage (or…

How to oversubscribe electric vehicle charge points (EVSE) on breaker panels with load management
How to oversubscribe electric vehicle charge points (EVSE)

Let’s face it — for many people, when it comes to charging electric vehicles, there is a whole lot of confusion.

When it comes to installing electric vehicle charging equipment, there are many things to plan and consider. For instance, you’ll need charge points, branch circuits, circuit breakers, and more.

Joachim Lohse (CEO and founder of Ampcontrol.io)

Founder and CEO of Ampcontrol (https://www.ampcontrol.io/) an AI-powered software for smart charging for electric vehicles.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store